Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mary Ellen and Rob are coming for dinner tonight, along with Ingrid and Dan.  We're making a big roast beef dinner.  I'm excited to give ME and R their wedding gift; this portrait of the girls.  I took some photos while we had the girls earlier this month, and did this on Friday evening.  It's the first portrait I've attempted in pastel.  They were fun to work with.  I didn't think I'd be able to get enough detail, but while unpacking all the boxes from the storage locker I found some pastel pencils I didn't remember I had.  I used them along with the fat chalk pastels.  I'm happy with it.  I stole one of the frames from a piece I did years ago that I don't really love and we popped it in there.  Done!

We raided the storage locker on Friday, unearthing all kinds of art supplies and paintings.  We took it all up the hill and went on a painting hanging frenzy.  The Apex condo looks like a Carol McQuaid Gallery!  They're mostly snow scenes, many from when I lived in Whistler.  Fitting for a ski condo.  It's getting homier and homier here.  Love it.

No comments: