Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe

I've been digging through my collection of sketchbooks, looking for images that would make good lino cuts. This one is from a sketch I did in Puerto Vallarta a few years ago. Happy memories - I so remember sitting on the steps up above the street, listening to the music below from the cathedral, the shops and from the passing car stereos. This is one of the things about sketchbooking that sticks with me - memories of a place are so much deeper after observing things closely enough to capture them on paper. I'm happy with the way this cut came out. I still need to figure out how to print them well, but that'll come.

3 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Beautiful!

Margaret Ann said...

Thisis stunning...has a rich old world feel to it! :)

Jeremy said...

I'm in awe of your linocuts. Fantastic! Love the recent sketches, too -- you're obviously loving that process.