Monday, July 1, 2013

Canada Day in the land of Liberté, Égalité et Fraternité.

It's Canada Day today.  Where is my habitual "Miss Canada" pedicure?  Not this year.  Intead I celebrated by belting out a Blue Rodeo tune while rowing around the little lake in the middle of Parc de la Tête d'Or.  In a black and white striped shirt. Not very Canadian.   May as well have had a baguette under my arm which, it turns out, is not a cliché but just something you see here all day long. 

This is the sketch I did on Day One in Lyon, although the arch on the facing page didn't happen until today.  A little creative editing. Is it masking a spelling mistake in French?  Only I will ever know now. But, if you're wondering, the French word for glue is colle. Verb?  Coller.  ;-) 

... and here I am, little traitor, rowing my french boat in my French T.  
Look, behind me,it's the Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere and the Tour Metalique!  Those two things sneak up on us wherever we go. They're very helpful in finding our way around. Thanks Julie, for coming with me, putting up with the Blue Rodeo song, and for playing photographer here. 


No comments: