Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Woodcut class done, and so's my dancer.



Last night of my class with Richard Tetrault.  I laid down the final plate on this little reduction print, so her legs are no longer disembodied. I ended up with 6 of these. There are lots of things I think I'd like to do a little differently on a print like this, but hey, that's what classes are for, right?  Not just for what you can get done during a few sessions but how it affects what you want to do after. The class filled me with ideas of other things I want to try too; like jigsaw prints and more gradiated or ombré type rainbow inking ideas.   I will definitely go back for more. 

A big bonus is getting to know some other printmakers. It was a really great and talented group. I learned something from everyone there. Here's a shot of all of our prints from tonight 

1 comment:

Sigrid Albert said...

This is all very inspiring!